[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:00:30 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 13:44, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

>  Blake,
>
> How many times have I been accused of shirking stewardship, or abandoning
> it?
> I have asked that posters refrain from that flammable language, but yet it
> persists.

Personally I see your proposal as doing the same harm most of the other
opposition does. That doesn't mean it is a personal attack against you, or
that I at least believe it is even your intent.

> There was also Owen's point about not making policy for personal reasons,
> only for the good of the community.
> I read that as an elliptical personal attack, and consistent with his
> attempt to paint me as a poor steward and as somebody who is trying to make
> policy for selfish and not community reasons.

I cannot comment on Owen's reasons, as they are his own, and not available
to me, but I believe you may be reading into this a bit much, and projecting
his (and others including my own) criticism of your policy as personal
criticism against you, and responding as such. I have not seen anything so
far that stands out to me as personal attacks against you from the responses
so far, except in retaliation, and even then, it was fairly muted. I could
be mistaken of course.

Note, I say attacks against you, and not your proposal, as those have gotten
fairly intense, as the conversation has gone by.

-Blake