[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-148 LRSA resources must not be transferred to LRSA

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:55:11 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> On 5/10/2011 6:14 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> So by your responses, I take it that both of you are in favor of
> the general idea that resources under LRSA, when transferred, should
> be moved into the regular RSA in every practicable instance?
>
> In short, the LRSA is intended as a single-use device, for the purposes

Yes.  I agree with all that. Unless all ARIN resource holders are
allowed to upgrade to the LRSA.
Transfer recipients should not be allowed to. But there is a reason
the "Legacy RSA"  is the
Legacy RSA and not the standard RSA.

The Legacy RSA is a time-limited special offer meant to be part of an
effort to reach out and
incentivize legacy holders to enter their resources into a formal
agreement for registration
services prior to December 31 2011.

The agreement should not be used,  except for that offer, where a
legacy holder places
all legacy resources under LRSA,  but  anyone receiving non-legacy
resources needs to sign
the standard RSA.

8.3 transfer recipients do not need an "incentive",  to enter a
registration services agreement;
they will want services from ARIN,  in order to provision Reverse DNS and WHOIS
and become the legitimate, publicly recognized holder of the resources.

--
-JH