[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-148 LRSA resources must not be transferred to LRSA

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed May 11 15:59:29 EDT 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Kevin Kargel wrote:

> [...]
Correct... Hence my statement of intersection. It's an and clause.
So long as the resource was issued by a preceding registry
_AND_ is in the hands of its original holder for its original purpose,
the resources in question remain in legacy status.

In some cases, earlier section 8.2 transfers allowed for the transfer
of the legacy status to a successor organization with the acquisition
of the underlying network infrastructure while retaining legacy status.
My understanding of the modifications to 8.2 that occurred with
the adoption and implementation of 2009-1 is that even those transfers
now involve a standard RSA and valid justification.

Owen