[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-148 LRSA resources must not be transferred to LRSA

Martin Millnert millnert at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:39:10 EDT 2011

Jimmy,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest  something more like:
>
> The recipient of transferred number resources must sign a standard
> Registration Services
> Agreement made public by ARIN,  that ensures ARIN retains the right to
> charge fees
> and revoke resources as needed, to enforce number resource policies, or reclaim
> underutilized resources.

I'm admittedly not very experienced in ARIN procedures, so if you
would please help me out here:
How does this motivate sellers of legacy space to involve ARIN in
their transactions?

My understanding of the term "legacy space" is that it was assigned to
users prior to ARIN's (or others) existence, and that you can't assume
there is contracts in place where the legacy space holder in effect
converts their space to ARIN managed space (which in practical terms
means the space isn't "legacy space" per my definition).

I'd happily be educated in ARIN terms/procedures on these matters.

Thanks,
Martin