[arin-ppml] STLS 8.3

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:55:26 EDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 6:50 PM, "Kevin Blumberg" <kevinb at thewire.ca> wrote:

> I have two questions in regards to 8.3.
>
> 1) Is the STLS require a 12 month justification or 3 month or ???.

First, it's important to be clear that the STLS is just a service for
helping find other parties who wish to do a transfer.  NRPM 8.3 is
what sets the rules for transfers, whether they go through the STLS or
not.

NRPM 4.2.4.4 states that An organization receiving a transfer under
section 8.3 may continue to request up to a 12-month supply of IP
addresses.

> 2) If Company A has a /18 netblock and wishes to use the STLS to transfer
> a /19 to Company B and a /19 to Company C is that prohibited in the STLS?

That is allowed by 8.3.  But company B can't get a 19 from company A,
and another /19 from company D.

-Scott