[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-1 - Inter-RIR Transfers - Shepherd's Inquiry

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:22:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Bill Darte <BillD at cait.wustl.edu> wrote:

> Owen,
> Others on the AC would be interested as I am I'm sure in seeing the
> tweaks you propose and or course you are welcome to make a motion to
> send that new text to last call.
> My current effort is an attempt to air the issues once again in a
> focused way so that if a motion like yours fails to achieve 8 votes in
> the AC, we have a contingency plan.
> I support your effort.

[ .. ]

There's less than 48 hours to the Thursday AC meeting. Making
modifications to rush things to last call is challenging based on the
public feedback that we have and the large dissent noted in the latest
AC minutes regardless of the reasoning.

Submit edits prior to the Thursday meeting leaves me wondering how
everyone will be able to review, think, discuss and then vote on them
with so little time available to consider.

Section 4.3 of the PDP implies that last call is a state of consensus.
I think we're  far from that to be considering rushing things like
Owen, or anyone, is proposing.

Best,

-M<