[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-154 Shared Space for IPv4 Address Extension (w/IETF considerations) - Staff Comments

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:21:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 00:54, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at chl.com> wrote:
> I simply want to know how you can reserve a /10 specifically for the context
> of 2011-5/pp-154 without letting the cat out of the bag.

In practice, I just do not think you can keep that cat
bagged over the time frame of IETF deliberations.
The real question would be would anyone use that
/10, knowing that they could be at some risk should it
eventually be used for a real assignment/allocation.

Is there any sense of the ARIN board as to whether they
could decide to decide at their next meeting whether to
direct a reservation of a final /10, based on the communities
support of 2011-5, so that when the IETF process
completes its work ARIN will be in a position to contribute
that /10 (should the IETF result be aligned with 2011-5)?

Gary