[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks - revised

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 18 16:50:11 EST 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Keep in mind that many of us still live on that volcano.
>>
>> Sure... It's time to move. We cannot change the direction of the lava flow.
>> It will destroy your house.
>>
>> If you don't move, the results are your responsibility.
>>
>> Owen
>>

> We'd be happy to, as soon as we gain universal vendor support. As i've
> mentioned in NANOG, we're not going to flame specific vendors but more
> often than not there are serious issues with native IPv6 adoption (at
> least at this point).

Those vendors are about to burn down your house. It's time they felt
the heat. If you aren't getting a good story from them that includes a
near-term delivery date, I say "flame on".

However, we have gone 100% dual stack in our environment. Were
there issues at first? Yes, but, we started several years ago. Did we
change some of our vendor choices along the way? You bet! If they
don't support IPv6, we don't buy it and haven't for years. Turns out
this is a very good way to motivate vendors.

As such, I have no sympathy if you aren't moving off the mountain.
I'm happy to help you relocate if you choose to, but, if you refuse
to evacuate, I'm not going to have a lot of sympathy.

The lava continues to advance and there is no stopping it.

Owen