[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks - revised

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Fri Feb 18 17:28:03 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>>> Sure... It's time to move. We cannot change the direction of the lava flow.
>>> It will destroy your house.
>>>
>>> If you don't move, the results are your responsibility.
>>>
>>> Owen
>>>

>> We'd be happy to, as soon as we gain universal vendor support. As i've
>> mentioned in NANOG, we're not going to flame specific vendors but more
>> often than not there are serious issues with native IPv6 adoption (at
>> least at this point).
>>
> Those vendors are about to burn down your house. It's time they felt
> the heat. If you aren't getting a good story from them that includes a
> near-term delivery date, I say "flame on".
>
> However, we have gone 100% dual stack in our environment. Were
> there issues at first? Yes, but, we started several years ago. Did we
> change some of our vendor choices along the way? You bet! If they
> don't support IPv6, we don't buy it and haven't for years. Turns out
> this is a very good way to motivate vendors.
>
> As such, I have no sympathy if you aren't moving off the mountain.
> I'm happy to help you relocate if you choose to, but, if you refuse
> to evacuate, I'm not going to have a lot of sympathy.
>
> The lava continues to advance and there is no stopping it.
>
> Owen

We'll still get it done before most companies, so i'm not too worried.
One small concern I have is that i'm going to have to pay ARIN fees on
IPv4 and IPv6 at a time when most of my customers won't be requesting
the IPv6 resources.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net