[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 70, Issue 141

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:58:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 08:08, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:
> I remain unconvinced, and I note that you wish us to continue to believe
> that the arbitrary assortment of addresses which Microsoft contracted to buy
> from Nortel prior to ARIN's involvement in the deal turned out to be the
> exact amount required in the ex post facto needs analysis of the deal.

Is it possible that Microsoft would be able to demonstrate a need for
much greater resources than was actually transfered?  I have little
doubt that Microsoft, with their various initiatives, would not be able
to show a reasonable business plan to justify even more resources.
Would a valid justification for a /12 to ARIN that only got them 666K in
this specific transfer (perhaps as many single aggregates(*)) change
your view of the transaction?

The NDAs insure that you and I are both conjecturing about the
facts, and any conclusions based on conjecture are questionable.

Gary

(*) AKAIK there is nothing to prevent a buyer from logically going
    through the transfer process multiple times, even if all are done
    at about the same moment.  10 /16s transfered one after the
    other would work (approximately).