[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Thu Apr 28 00:00:18 EDT 2011

John,

> John Curran wrote:
> It would be very convenient if those transferring IP addresses
> were to consider the policies before initiating their transaction,
> but that obviously wasn't the case this time around,

Don't expect it to be the case next time either. The current policies
are not palatable to many of the legacy holders.

> The result *is* going to be discord, but that's not a problem as
> long as there is consensus that we are on the right course.

I understand the practicalities of doing business, that NDAs are very
difficult to disclose indeed, and so on, but if you want consensus you
have to throw something into the arena here.

Michel.