[arin-ppml] Follow-up on Petition of ARIN-prop-134 and -136

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 27 19:02:01 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Benson Schliesser
<bensons at queuefull.net> wrote:
> It is my belief that a significant number of statements were not
> counted in these petitions.  I'm referring specifically to statements
> from individuals that are not subscribed to PPML.  My
> understanding is that these statements were sent to the
> mailing list alias but not forwarded to the list subscribers.
> As a result of this feature, I suspect that they were not
> counted.
>
> Is there an "unwritten rule" that disenfranchises
> non-subscribers, or anybody (except the AC),
> from the petition process?

https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_petitions.html

"If you wish to support a petition, simply post a statement of support
to PPML on the petition thread. Point of contact information is also
required, either to the entire PPML or to petition at arin.net."

There is a ubiquitous and usually unwritten rule that in order to post
messages to a discussion-oriented email list you must first subscribe
to the list. The PPML is not among the exceptions to this rule.

PPML subscription is nearly instantaneous and open to anyone with a
working email address via
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml. Unsubscription is
also available at any time.

Regards,