[arin-ppml] Follow-up on Petition of ARIN-prop-134 and -136

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Wed Apr 27 18:39:39 EDT 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 10:00 AM, ARIN wrote:
> The petition did not receive 10 statements of support and is therefore not successful. ARIN-prop-134 is closed.

I'd like to thank the AC and ARIN staff for their assistance with my recent petitions for ARIN-prop-134 and ARIN-prop-136.  However, I have a concern and question about the petition procedure.

It is my belief that a significant number of statements were not counted in these petitions.  I'm referring specifically to statements from individuals that are not subscribed to PPML.  My understanding is that these statements were sent to the mailing list alias but not forwarded to the list subscribers.  As a result of this feature, I suspect that they were not counted.

Is there an "unwritten rule" that disenfranchises non-subscribers, or anybody (except the AC), from the petition process?

Thanks,
-Benson