[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 18 22:39:35 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2011, at 6:21 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>>
>>> 1.      arin-discuss comes to mind.,
>
>> Why does that not surprise me? Arin-discuss is a closed list,
>> membership only. Not public.
>>
>> Sorry, that was a low blow. I realize you honestly forgot. Again.
>
> While ARIN-DISCUSS is limited to members only, since membership is open to
> anyone, calling it a closed list is not an entirely accurate statement.

https://www.arin.net/cgi-bin/cc/credit_card.cgi?form=MEMBERSHIP

"Membership in ARIN is open to any organization that has a signed
Registration Services Agreement or Legacy Registration Services
Agreement with ARIN and holds Internet number resources from ARIN.
Interested organizations **** that meet the eligibility requirements
defined above **** are welcome to become General Members by completing
the form below and paying the $500 annual membership fee."

Perhaps you forgot that ARIN membership was locked down a year or two
ago. It's no longer possible to be a member simply by paying $500.

Even if anybody could still be a member (which they can't), it is
entirely accurate to say that a list with a $500 entrance fee is a
closed list.

> Where do you get this stuff?
> I think you are so far off base, however, that I
> just can't equate your comments to the reality of the situation.

Okie dokie then.

-Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004