[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Apr 18 22:05:05 EDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 6:21 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 18, 2011, at 4:12 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote
>>>
>>> Well, we wouldn't want that. Where's the public list that was set up
>>> for folks interested in discussing PDP changes, so they could avoid
>>> running roughshod over other PPML discussions?
>>
>> 1.      arin-discuss comes to mind.
>
> Hi Owen,
>
> Why does that not surprise me? Arin-discuss is a closed list,
> membership only. Not public.
>
> Sorry, that was a low blow. I realize you honestly forgot. Again.

I didn't forget at all, but, you ignored the rest of my statement...

2.	I wasn't saying that changes to the PDP should not be discussed
	on PPML. I was saying that there was value to having some of
	those discussions and some of that work done off-line and later
	having a more fleshed-out result presented back to the community
	for further review and feedback rather than having all of the work
	take place in full public view.

While ARIN-DISCUSS is limited to members only, since membership is open to
anyone, calling it a closed list is not an entirely accurate statement. I would
say that the lists used by the board and the AC for their internal discussions would
be examples of closed lists.

So, now that we've cleared up both of those misunderstandings on your part,
care to retry?

Owen