[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Mon Apr 18 13:14:44 EDT 2011

Hey Cathy,

Thanks for weighing in.

cja at daydream.com wrote:
> I really thought I would stay out of this discussion but when the word
> muzzled came up I really took offense.

I used that word since that is the only legitimate way that an AC member
cannot voice support for a petition, and I do not understand any other
way an AC member cannot be counted for a petition.

I do not understand what mechanism exists, if any, that would allow the
AC rules to alter the methodology the ARIN president uses to evaluate
petitions.

I dont support any method of implementing this rule, either by mechanism
or by muzzling. I dont think AC rules should be a factor at all in a
petition.

I also dont think this rule is a good idea, that the scenario has never
happened and is not likely to, and that the scenario is one that
actually needs prevention has not been well sold at all.

> strongly about. It's not like you're a silent bunch.  :-)

And I appreciate you all putting up with us.

> Also please note that it is stated in the minutes (link below) that the
> revised PDP is expected to have language regarding petitions that is
> similar to the AC standing rule.
>
> Thanks
> ----Cathy

This is the confusing part.

Either this rule is valid without PDP revision or as you are suggesting,
a revision is required to implement the rule.

I would not support any such revision, fwiw.

Joe