[arin-ppml] Proposal 2011-6

cja@daydream.com packetgrrl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:22:07 EDT 2011

All,

As the ARIN Public Policy Meeting fast approaches, I wish to once more reach
out to the community for comments and insight related to Draft Policy 2011-6
for which Chris Grundemann and I are the designated shepherds on the
Advisory Council.

We would like to hear support or objection or any experience from ARIN or
world community that can provide a better vetting before and during the
meeting.  This, so that when the AC must decide its fate, this Draft Policy
will be positioned for its obvious and best disposition.

Thank you all for your continuing interest, engagement and consideration for
the Policy Development Process of ARIN and participation on this mailing
list and at the Public Policy Meetings whether in person or by virtual
connection.

To refresh your memory as to the contents of this proposal here is the
policy text that will be discussed next week in San Juan.

Draft Policy ARIN-2011-6

Returned IPv4 Addresses

Date: 10 March 2011

Policy statement:

4.1.9 Returned IPv4 Addresses

Except where otherwise directed by policy; all IPv4 addresses returned to,
recovered, or revoked by ARIN will be made

available for allocation or assignment in the ARIN region as quickly as
practicable.

Rationale:

Adopting this proposal will result in the clarification of the status of
returned IPv4 addresses. IPv4 address resources

should not sit idle due to lack of policy clarity.

Timetable for implementation: Immediately

Thanks!
----Cathy