[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jun 25 15:51:31 EDT 2010

In a message written on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 02:46:55PM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
> I guess my question to Leo and Joe is, what do you suggest should be
> done within the scope of the PDP or ARIN to make these addresses available?

I would find it more useful for ARIN to spend their outreach dollars
sending staff to IETF or to meet with Cisco and Juniper to persue this
issue than going to ComicCon[1] to tell people to be IPv6 ready.

240/4 is marked "Reserved for Future Use" by the IANA.  What else
are we going to use it for, isn't the future now?

[1] No, ARIN has not gone to ComicCon as far as I know, and no this does
    not mean I think all of their outreach efforts are bad.  However, it
    does mean I think they are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel
    in terms of looking for useful places to be.