[arin-ppml] IPv4 Depletion as an ARIN policy concern

Warren Johnson warren at wholesaleinternet.com
Sat Oct 24 15:53:06 EDT 2009

[WDJ] Assuming you're right and the CTO of the organization is a moron and
doesn't know IPv4 is coming and hasn't filled the rest of the C-level people
in on the potential benefit of being an OA (Original Allocator) the point is
still moot.  When IANA hands out the last /8s, it's going to be worldwide
news and they're going to catch on really quickly.  Furthermore, it's not
really about number of subscribers, it's about number of dollars in the bank
account.  I reckon they don't care how many customers (within reason) it
takes to make the maximum return on investment.  Making customers happy and
giving them services they need is only as important as the profit is high.

That's a really cynical approach to business.  It may be popular in todays
10-Q driven world, but, I don't work for an organization that views its
customers with such contempt, and, I can't imagine it would be very pleasant
to do so. (Although my friends who work at M$ say it is).

[WDJ]
I didn't mean to say that customer happiness is not important.  I only meant
to say that sure it's great to have happy customers

1.	but if you're not making a reasonable profit all the happiness in
the world isn't going to pay your rent.  On your other note, I often wonder
how the employees feel

working at companies who's M.O. is to step on everyone to make the most
money.