[arin-ppml] 2009-1 comment

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed May 27 19:30:42 EDT 2009

On May 27, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Kevin Kargel wrote:

> I think what Paul was saying is that 2008-6 is a done deal, and
> without a
> new policy to supercede it then community consensus et.al. no longer
> applies.  It is what it is.

I don't know if that's how I'd phrase it, but I'll leave it to Paul to
say what he means one way or the other.

I will note that 2008-6 has been adopted, and to the extent that one
doesn't want an open transfer policy, it's incumbent on the community
to suggest new policy proposals to the contrary.

The question that's presently being discussed is whether people prefer
the open transfer policy adopted as-is, or as-revised by 2009-1. The AC
revised 2009-1 and sent it to the ARIN Board for adoption, so feedback
on amending the existing open transfer policy in this manner would be
quite useful.

/John

John Curran
Acting President and CEO