[arin-ppml] 2009-1 comment

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Thu May 28 11:16:37 EDT 2009

I would suggest the following codicils be added to make the transfer policy
palatable..

A) Limit transfers from or to any party to no more than two in a one year
period, or the rate limit in place for general transfers, whichever is less.

B) Require an RSA or LRSA be in place and active for all blocks currently
allocated to the receiving org and the releasing org. Require RSA for
transferred space.

C) Require reachability of all POC contacts associated with existing blocks
that were /24 or larger for BOTH the "buyer" and the "seller".  Verify
email, telephone and mailing addresses.

D) Releasing party is a member in good standing with ARIN.  All dues and
fees are paid.  Accepting party either has or commits to obtain and maintain

membership in good standing with ARIN.

E) Space to be transferred to be released to ARIN and the IP space be placed

in a holding pool (quarantine?) for 14 days.  Effect transfer only if there
are no general requests that would need to draw from that space in the
holding pool in order to be fulfilled.  When needed to satisfy general
requests then space in the holding pool should be allocated in a first-in
first-out date order. General allocations from the holding pool are not
subject to the 14 day quarantine.  Both releasing and receiving party POCs
be notified of a general allocation of the resource in question.

The last amendment (E) is especially important to insure fair competition
for
dwindling resources by the community.  What I tried to do with this was to
say
that general requests take priority over directed transfers.  This way
everyone will have a chance to compete for the resources.  With this added I

would tend to support 2009-1 .