[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Tue Mar 24 18:40:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com>wrote:

> I do think it would be worthwhile to clean up the old M&A transfer policy
> (and others have said so as well, including staff in some of their
> assessments of 2008-2), so I would welcome a policy proposal to do so (using
> the normal PDP).

Perhaps we should all limit our hopes? :-)

> Do you have any specific opinion on the changes between 2008-6 and 2009-1,
> such as the removal of the 3-year sunset clause?

I wasn't in favor of 2008-6. Additional comments that I have are related to
open markets and not germane to the discussion.

> Thanks for your well-thought out non-circus-act contributions thus far, on
> this and all the other draft policy proposals.

I meant "circus act" tongue in cheek and I hope that it came across
properly. Apologies offered if otherwise.

I would like to add that  I agree with Leo Bicknell. I'd like to see _all_
committees with minutes related to the policies currently under discussion
have at least draft minutes posted for reference no later than seven days
before the meeting. It's nice to have the staff and legal summaries prior to
meeting time so that we can consider everything relevant in the discussion.

Best,

Martin