[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Jun 10 12:14:45 EDT 2009

Broadcast licenses have been regulated as public trustee model for decades, but they have also been bought and sold for decades. While there are tensions between transferability of a right and its status as a resource regulated under a public trustee model, there is not complete incompatibilty. Not that I support the public trustee model, in broadcasting it's been a disaster, but if you want scientific understanding of regulatory regimes, let's just get that right.