[arin-ppml] 2008-6 What should the AC do

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Jan 4 17:07:04 EST 2009

On 1/2/09, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> I'm glad to see a vigorous discussion about 2008-6 on the mailing list.
>
> However, since this proposal is in last call, there's a limited set of
> choices for the AC to make about the policy...
> I have seen the discussion range through all 4 options and it is not
> clear to me that there is any level of community consensus around
> any one of these options.
>
> Thanks,
> Owen

As I'm very confident that IPv4-to-IPv6-magic-transparent-interworking
won't be production ready any time soon, I'm in favour of option 2; make
the necessary tweaks to the language to clear up any remaining ambiguity,
and then move the proposal forward; the market will erupt once RIRs
have no more space to give out, IPv6 won't save us, and we need to
be ready for what will come.

Thanks!

Matt