[arin-ppml] 2008-6 What should the AC do

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 2 16:39:40 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> The Advisory Council will review the comments collected during the last call
> period and may: 1) support the proposal as is and recommend that the Board
> of Trustees adopt, 2) find minor revisions are necessary in which case the
> Advisory Council or author will redraft and post again to last call, 3) find
> major revisions are needed in which case the Advisory Council or author will
> redraft and the proposal will be posted for the next public policy meeting,
> or 4) find community support to abandon the proposal.
>
> So, I would like to encourage members of the community commenting
> on this proposal to express clearly which of the above four actions
> you believe the AC should take.

Owen,

Unless there's some rush to get this on the books, I'd like to see
option #3. That'll give the AC a chance to fix the language and then
verify (with concise language replacing amorphous explanations) that
there really is consensus. If you're in a rush, #2 is probably
acceptable.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004