[arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

Dan.Thorson at seagate.com Dan.Thorson at seagate.com
Tue Apr 21 13:33:21 EDT 2009

> What it will boil down to is that some executive will call the NetAdmin
in
> to his office look him in the eye and say "Are you absolutely darned sure
> this is accurate" and the NetAdmin will say "Yes, I wouldn't have written
it
> down if it weren't." and the (COO or some such) will sign the affidavit
> based on the word of the NetAdmin who the COO trusts.

In some smaller companies, sure... but if the COO has never heard of the
NetAdmin?  Another very real scenario is that the exec's admin sends a
reply-to-all terse email from the corporate HQ facility (1000 miles away)
saying "WTF is this? Who are these guys?"... then legal gets called in to
review the documentation, and 400 billable hours go by and by the time
legal determines that they don't have any comment we will have converted
all the desktops to IPv6.  Ah Ha!  I know see the motivation for the
Attestation!  :/