[arin-ppml] Alternative to arbitrary transfers

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Apr 7 15:11:48 EDT 2009

Sorry you interpreted it that way but I did clarify the sentence with
the statement:

"...By giving IP Holder A the power to determine that it can relinquish IP
allocations on any other basis than what they were originally obtained on -
ie:
need.."

> I agree that liars
> shouldn't be able to benefit from their lies, but you need
> more than this to distinguish them.
>
> I'm just trying to tighten up the arguments so we aren't
> fighting over straw men here.

Any discussion of a transfer proposal is going to create straw men.  We have
never done it before and we can only draw inferences on what will happen
by analogies to other markets that may or may not be similar.  And so
far, nobody including me has been able to find an analogous situation that
matches exactly.

Ted