[arin-ppml] Alternative to arbitrary transfers

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Apr 7 08:36:14 EDT 2009

I don't think this is necessarily the case, especially as it pertains to
legacy IP's, where they are not renting the car, but someone gave them the
care to use for as long as they wanted free of charge.

> Further, the org does
> not have the power to determine that he can continue to use the
> numbers - only ARIN does.  If ARIN decides for whatever reason -
> maybe they got tipped off by a signed deposition from a former
> employee of Holder A that the original basis of obtaining the
> numbers was a lie - then ARIN should have the authority to
> pull the numbering.  By giving IP Holder A the
> power to determine that it can relinquish IP allocations on
> any other basis than what they were originally obtained on - ie:
> need - your creating a very slipperly slope that is just
> encouraging lawsuits that would pry away at more of ARIN's
> authority.

Hmm..  more lawsuits..  which court would this be in?  US law?  Canadian
law? Mexican law? Maybe ARIN needs to move offshore.