[arin-ppml] Alternative to arbitrary transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon Apr 6 17:40:32 EDT 2009

Kevin Kargel wrote:

> There are a number of alternatives.  One that should not be dismissed is to
> do nothing.  We have a working system.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ah yes. The status quo option. And this continues without modification
after ARIN runs through the very last IPv4 block IANA gives them how
exactly?

Your argument is related to why I never get gas for my car... after all,
a few hundred miles ago it was running just fine, and so there's no
reason to believe that I will need to change my behavior, even after I
coast to a stop on the side of the highway.

Matthew Kaufman