[arin-ppml] Alternative to arbitrary transfers

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Fri Apr 3 19:43:05 EDT 2009

Here's a random idea I came up with (while making nachos, so I didn't
think about it too hard). Instead of arbitrarily transferring resources
how about:

1) Org A returns the resource to ARIN with the intent that org B will
use it.
2) ARIN places a hold (say, 60 days) on the resource.
3) Org B applies for the resource-in-holding through the normal "I need
more space" process.
4) If org B doesn't do their part or is unable to qualify within 60
days, the hold is lifted and it becomes just any other
reclaimed/returned resource.

Just a thought.

~Seth