[arin-ppml] The AC has a job to do with 2009-1, can you please help?

Steve Feldman steven.feldman at cnet.com
Mon Apr 6 16:57:18 EDT 2009

Here are my thoughts on 2009-1, using Marla's analysis as a framework:

0) 2008-6 has been adopted, though not yet implemented.  Thats a fact,
not up for debate.

1) Sunset Clause (was taken out of 2009-1):

I see the point of those who want to leave it in to force discussion
in a few years.  But realistically, the discussion will happen anyways
if the transfer policy doesn't turn out to be perfect.  I am neutral
on this part of 2009-1.

2) Implementation Date Now and no wait time:

2008-1 leaves the implementation date to the Board's discretion.
Since 2009-1 was proposed by the Board, that's effectively not a
change.  I am neutral on this part of 2009-1.

3) New Definition “Organization.  An Organization is one or more legal
entities under common control or ownership.”:

As has been noted, this is a substantial change to existing policy,
with the potential to cause problems for some classes of
organizations.  I am against this part of 2009-1, and feel that it
should be separated out into its own policy proposal so the
implications can be discussed on their own merits.

Overall, I am against 2009-1 as written, and would oppose any version
which includes the redefinition of an organization except as a
standalone proposal.

	Steve