[arin-ppml] Looking at just the pro and con merits of 2009-1 review

Durand, Alain Alain_Durand at cable.comcast.com
Thu Apr 2 17:07:56 EDT 2009

Here is my $.02, speaking as an individual.

Sunset clause:
I like the idea of a sunset clause as a forcing function to review this
policy. This seems to be a good thing to do, especially given the
controversial nature of this policy.

Implementation date:
Who, beside spammer, speculators & anybody who does not meet the ARIN public
policies would want to use paying transfer as long as there are addresses
available?
It seems to me that the community should delay the implementation of this
policy until the chocking point and use that time to clean-up whois
records...
At least it would lower the noise on questionable originator of transfers.

v4/v6
I¹d like to see this policy explicitly restricted to IPv4. In the case the
world really embrace IPv6, at east we would have maintained somehow a more
sensible world there.

   - Alain.