[arin-ppml] Taking back UNUSED addresses.

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Tue Sep 16 17:26:35 EDT 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>  Also, 52% of the network records and 48% of org records
> haven't been updated since 1997

For one datapoint, we have been at the same street address
as when we were on CSNET 20+ years ago.  My guess would be
that not a whole lot of legacy .edu's have moved that couldn't
be found easily.

> Unfortunately, those statistics do not account for the varying
> size of legacy blocks; they just count records, which could be
> anywhere from /8 to /24.

We've returned most of our swamp /24's that I know of, but
I doubt having substantially more of the swamp show up in the
DFZ would be in everyone's best interest.

Dale