[arin-ppml] IPv4 is depleted today

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Sep 2 14:58:28 EDT 2008

Absolutely, but this is an equation with 2 sides - one side is
ease of moving to IPv6, the other side is ease of NOT moving
to IPv6 and continuing to use IPv4.

It is imperative that our policy making strive to increase
ease of moving to IPv6 and decrease ease of staying with IPv4.

A liberalized transfer policy does nothing to increase ease of
moving to IPv6, all it does is make it easier to stay on IPv4.

Ted