[arin-ppml] The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Oct 29 16:05:12 EDT 2008

How do you recover space when the org advertising it does not want to
give it up?

Fact is, I was rather curious myself about these situations
so when we got our portable allocation years ago I kept advertising a /23
from one
of our old blocks after renumbering out of it just to see what would happen.
About a year later the block was finally assigned.  Trust me, if I had
wanted to be a jerk about it, it would have gotten pretty bad for the
org that got the numbers.

Ted