[arin-ppml] The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Oct 29 15:55:08 EDT 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Kevin Kargel wrote:
> Have you ever looked in an ISP's database and found inaccuracies or
> mistakes?  Do you know of ANY database ANYWHERE that is 100%
> accurate or
> 100% up to date?  ISP's are going to find this exersice trivial as
> long as

I see no reason for ARIN policy to make exceptions for the
inaccuracies in a given ISP's database.  This is not my problem, nor
ARIN's problem.

>> This is the cost of your IP allocation.  It's actually right
>> there in your contract, right now, today.  What is being
>> proposed is simply enforcement of those contractual terms.
>
> I already have a cost for my IP allocation..  What I am hearing
> proposed is
> a fine (since when did ARIN have authority to assess fines?) if I
> don't
> complete my paperwork to meet some administrators approval.  I do
> not need a
> sword of extra fees hanging over my head and I suspect you don't
> either.

Ha.  I'd pay the fine and ignore ARIN ;-)  I've been saying that fines
won't work, and we don't have it in our contract to take them.  We
should recover the unjustified space.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek