[arin-ppml] The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Oct 29 15:33:36 EDT 2008

Have you ever looked in an ISP's database and found inaccuracies or
mistakes?  Do you know of ANY database ANYWHERE that is 100% accurate or
100% up to date?  ISP's are going to find this exersice trivial as long as
they treat it like a paperwork function and fill in the blocks with right
looking numbers to get it over with.  (hmm, does that sound like what people
do now for justifications?)  If it is a matter of just filling out forms for
the sake of filling out forms then I suggest that the whole exercise is just
busywork.  I have enough of that already.

> > I don't mind paying for something that I get value from, but please
> > keep niggling fingers out of my budget.
>
> This is the cost of your IP allocation.  It's actually right
> there in your contract, right now, today.  What is being
> proposed is simply enforcement of those contractual terms.

I already have a cost for my IP allocation..  What I am hearing proposed is
a fine (since when did ARIN have authority to assess fines?) if I don't
complete my paperwork to meet some administrators approval.  I do not need a
sword of extra fees hanging over my head and I suspect you don't either.