[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet Addresses Are Lying Idle"(slashdot)

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Oct 22 13:35:30 EDT 2008

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

Interpretation?  Mis-management?  There was a recent presentations (I
forget by who) which called out the number of "orphan" POC entries.
This isn't news, nor is it necessarily bad.  Orphan POCs do not cause
any problems other than taking up a few extra bytes in the database.

However, I don't think that is the problem Jo was referring to.  That an
org's Accounts Payable department pays an invoice on time does _not_
guarantee that all the various POCs listed on each of their
registrations are still valid.