[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-4 - a consensus opinion?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Thu Oct 9 23:59:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 05:32:39PM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
> > Let's have a minimum allocation boundary that works for everybody in
> > the ARIN region (or better yet all RIRs) and be done with this.
>
> This is like saying that there should be one and only one global set of Zoning
> laws.  And, I don't believe in a one size fits all world.

	well, not to toss cold H2O on the fire, but routing is either
	bilateral or global in scope... if one takes the view that
	minalloc size affects global routing, then one-size does fit
	the whole world...

	that said, perhaps it is time to re-animate -MICRO-ALLOCATION GRRL- (tm)
	and argue that the correct minium allocation for now should be
	a /32, regardless of address family.

	Cathy, are you up for it?

--bill