[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-4 - a consensus opinion?

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Oct 10 01:08:37 EDT 2008

On 10 Oct 2008 bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 05:32:39PM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
> > > Let's have a minimum allocation boundary that works for everybody in
> > > the ARIN region (or better yet all RIRs) and be done with this.
> >
> > This is like saying that there should be one and only one global set of Zoning
> > laws.  And, I don't believe in a one size fits all world.
> >

> 	well, not to toss cold H2O on the fire, but routing is either
> 	bilateral or global in scope... if one takes the view that
> 	minalloc size affects global routing, then one-size does fit
> 	the whole world...

Bill if you say so, then the magic number is /29, see the following looking at
193/8 and 194/7;

https://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-ncc-managed-address-space.html

I've been digging in and looking at stuff, I didn't realize any RIR were or did
allocate /29s.

David Farmer				     Email:	farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota			     Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			     Cell:		612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		     FAX:	612-626-1818