[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Nov 24 20:17:07 EST 2008

> I would not argue that there is an alternative to IPv6 in the long
> run.

it is worth publicizing that a heavy old boys contingent within your
group is pushing a v4 natted universe very heavily.  i was at the
receiving end of an amazing attempt at misdirection on this last week at
ietf.  "we'll build a pure ipv6 network for folk so there will be none
of those horrid transition issues.  in the meantime, we'll extend the
life of ipv4 using massive nat44."  it actually took me some seconds to
smell the rat, shame on me.

randy