[arin-ppml] The Library Book Approach to IPv4 Scarcity

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Nov 11 19:52:54 EST 2008

Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
>> I don't have a huge staff sitting around to play
>> paperwork games to make someone else happy, and I have a gut feeling
>> that in the end it will be people like me and my /22 that will suffer,
>
> If you don't have a large staff, then you are more likely to do the work
> very carefully for all your allocations, right?  Because the business
> interruption from having to do the work outlined in the current RSA
> isn't something you'd want to face, right?
>
> Your current signed RSA says you need to be able to provide
> documentation on request.  You bought into this when you signed the
> RSA.  Don't you have a tracking system that documents that usage
> internally?  Why not?

The system seems to favor entities consuming space and wanting more. I
assume I'll never request more space (I am not an ISP, so customer
growth has no relation to my usage) or by the time I would, the lack of
IPv4 space will prohibit an additional request. I don't feel it's fair
be punished because I'm trying to be responsible with what I have.

~Seth