[ppml] Restrictions on transferor deaggregation in 2008-2: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Mar 12 16:31:42 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 4:06 AM, Kevin Day wrote:
> Right now I can go to any colo provider and say "I want a half
> dozen racks, power, and connectivity for my 150 servers." and
> pretty easily get a /23 or larger. Now what happens if I say "You
> know, why don't you forget about the racks, power, bandwidth and
> everything else... How much would just the /23 be per month?"

Not here you won't.  You start with a /29 and you justify everything
else, using a form which is basically the ARIN justification
rewritten clearly for normal people.

You must know someone special.  I'm pretty sure I know every other IP-
assigning admin in the bay area, and all of us commiserate about how
hard it is to get people to fill out the documentation properly.  And
none of us give IPs away, since we're going to have to justify that
to ARIN when we go back to the pond for more.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation