[ppml] [arin-discuss] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Jan 9 14:11:34 EST 2008

I understand this is the way it is today.  There is a very
good reason for it being this way.  (well, very bad reason
from one point of view)  And it is not going to change
anytime soon.

>If we shift to a model where the responsibility for
>responding to "bad actors" lies with the ISP from whose
>address space the abuse originates from, then we will
>end up with a model where real-life law enforcement,
>and normal commercial contract-law, cleans up the bad actors.

I would suggest you do some research on how effective the
United Nations Security Council is in "cleaning up" bad
actors like North Korea.

We don't have an Internet police force because the Internet
is global, and we do not have a global police force.

If you can figure out a way to get the world's governments
to all agree on setting up a single world police force,
then this issue will be solved.

Until the, the "vigilanties" on the Internet work exactly
like the "vigilanties" of the world, such as the United States
(Iraq invasion) Israel, US, Russia (kidnapping of people they
don't like in other countries) Iran (killing of people they
don't like in other countries) etc. etc. etc.

Ted