[ppml] "Who's afraid of IPv4 address depletion? Apparently no one."

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Feb 9 09:35:26 EST 2008

> From the Nanog thread, it's clear the versign/registry can handle
> such, so if it's just phone loops with netsol/registrar to get them
> to push the glue, I've got quite a bit of patience.

i flagged as a <troll> the nanog posting that started the thread
because, though i know i can subvert or manipulate the system to my
needs, that is neither a fair or useful exercise.  we need to make the
system work for everyone.  and simply and easily.

so i am gonna sit here and sulk and whine loud and long until the iana
and opensrs/tucows fix it. :)

> I expect it's going to be several years before any of this can be
> safely delegated.

the key thing we, who have some handle on the administrative and
technical infrastructure, can do to ease transition is to remove the
administrative obstacles to transition.  e.g. bleeping glue records.

we need more folk to tell the tales of their transition and the bumps
they hit which could be removed so that we can look at smoothing them.

[ and no i do not mean encouraging routing table pollution because i
   deserve my own /32 so i will not have to renumber some day ]

randy