[ppml] "Who's afraid of IPv4 address depletion? Apparently no one."

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Feb 9 09:14:10 EST 2008

At 10:56 PM +0900 2/9/08, Randy Bush wrote:
>>We haven't put the MX records in yet, but that is in progress.
>
>and you don't seem to have the AAAAs for the nameservers.  when you do, you may have some hope of getting glue at the parent, as you use netsol as a registrar.  but do tell how that one goes.

>From the Nanog thread, it's clear the versign/registry can handle such,
so if it's just phone loops with netsol/registrar to get them to push the
glue, I've got quite a bit of patience...  I'll make sure to provide any
updates/insights to Jeroen for the Sixxs-IPv6glue page.  Who knows,
if we end up changing registrars over it, it'll be one more data point
for netsol to consider support.

>>And to answer your specific question, IPv6 enablement has
>>been painless so far.
>
>i am impressed.  i think most of the rest of us have hit speedbumps.  we got over them, but we're glad we did not assign it to a grad student.  i suspect that we just have a different definition of painless.

I expect it's going to be several years before any of this can
be safely delegated.

/John