[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Authentication Alternatives

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Aug 26 07:25:06 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 6:10 AM, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:
>> (randy)
>> kiddies, get a clue.  many folk with legacy space were
>> building the internet while you were still in nappies.  we
>> think it is you who are pissing on the commons.
>
> You are claiming special rights because you got here first,
> but at the same time referring to "the commons". I hate to
> burst your bubble, but it is either one or the other. If it
> really is "the commons", then the first people here don't have
> any special rights over the last people here.

And if it's not "the commons", but instead some special right due to
"Early Internet Protocol or Internet Services Pioneer" status, then
one would expect the rights to be based on the circumstances under
which such allocations were made (to facilitate development of the
Internet) rather than rewriting the aberrations of our initial
addressing model with fixed network/address boundaries into some
form of twisted pioneer's reward...

/John
(solely my personal thoughts on the topic)