[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Aug 20 18:01:50 EDT 2008

needed an hour of work to track
>down the holder that's another 4+ man YEARS of work.

I just finished sending a policy proposal in defining this very process.
Hopefully
in a few days we will see it and people will feel there is some merit.  A
very light
grooming can be automated and ARIN should
be able to be trusted to use discretion to attempt verification of the
larger blocks.

>If we really wanted ARIN to go back and verify all of these old entires I
could see them adding 3-4
>staff and the process taking 2-3 years.  Who's going to pay for that?  The
good people who've been
>paying their bill every year for the last 10 years providing free service
to all the people who can't
>even keep a valid e-mail on file?

We either pay for it this way or we pay for it by cleaning up messes caused
by
criminals hijacking blocks.  Which do you prefer?

Ted