[ppml] rubber/road

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu May 31 18:56:34 EDT 2007

In 2 years a policy could be submitted and
approved that would radically raise prices on the IPv6 block and
require you to pay for both blocks.  As long as both allocations
(IPv4 and IPv6) are separate, the fear of getting jacked over in
the future is a real possibility.

this is why I suggested a while ago that IPv6 automatically be allocated
to all paying IPv4 holders.  If the IP registration fee was a lump
sum that covered both IPv6 and IPv4 allocations, it would be more
difficult down the road for a price raise on IPv6 to get through.
(Since that would not exist as a separate 'product' of a RIR)

Ted