[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed May 23 14:14:45 EDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Steven E. Petty wrote:
>   me:   30-40 vpn's to migrate, mostly with large companies that
> move slowly (Ford, Chrysler, Covisint, etc.) and have very limited
> flexibility.

So while you are doing the hard work of renumbering, I assume you'll
also document the process and confirm with all parties how you'll
change endpoints in the future, yeah?

As I said in a private conversation with Owen Delong, I don't believe
that ARIN policy should be designed to allow companies to
deliberately drag their feet.  Reasonable time to change,
absolutely.  Even double reasonable time.  But I don't think that
every provider with big iron should pay millions of dollars in
upgrades to allow companies to be inflexible on such a trivial topic.

Given that ARIN currently gives longer than either the US Post Office
or the telcos do for changes to zip codes and area codes, I struggle
to find reason with these arguments.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek